Navigate

Friday, December 16, 2011

Shooting Candidly

 I didn't get to stay for the end of this year's Lantern Parade (which I'm hoping is my last as a student), but on the bright side, I did get to see my first and hopefully my last Oblation Run. Stupidly enough, I didn't snap any pictures of that event, mostly because I was dumbfounded when I found myself along the lines of the AS corridor, with nothing left to do but watch as the naked frat men ran past me and a lot of other people. Most of them were in the right mind to whip out their cameras and document the once-a-year event while I stood there, scandalized and thinking I was so lucky (really!) to have an awesome view of the, er, men. I didn't look, though, and tried my best to call my friends, who were in some other viewing site and were apparently screaming their butts off. Hehehe. 

So while I didn't get to stay long enough to even watch the beginning of the parade, I did get to photograph what I love most - people, whether candidly or with consent. Every Lantern Parade, that usually means my friends and my batchmates,. :) 

(The lighting wasn't too great, and while I would love to edit these full-blast, I didn't, and simply did the post-process brightness/color adjustment.

Val and Merri, my crazy friends!
More friends! Yay.
An orange/red velvet cupcake from Celine! Yay. 
The bold yellow colors of our building and the brickwork.
The Carillon, jutting out in the distance. 
I love UP. I have to admit that part of the reason why I chose to go there was because of those
lovely canopies of trees, intertwining right at the center of the Oval where they meet. 
We didn't march with the college this year, YAY! I've waited four years to earn the right to be a spectator instead!
Crazy friend Val. HAHA!

3 comments:

  1. you missed FA :( and we missed you!!! Your shots are always good :D

    you should have seen val and I later that night because we were so out of it already. Val, paul, anna k and I ended up singing our hearts out on the way back to arki from law HAHAHA I thing there were people staring at us singing loudly and out of tune LOL.

    Also, the music video of the profs from their Baler trip :D. I think it will be uploaded for your enjoyment haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks, Merri! Hay. I wanted to stay, too. Pero sayang, no, parang walang saysay this year!

    HAHAHAHA I can imagine you guys lang. Ingay niyo siguro!

    I heard about that! Lex told me about it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love candid shots :)

    check and join my giveaway here http://iamcertified.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-blog-give-away.html

    xo,
    i am certified

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I would love to hear what you have to say. :)