Navigate

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Birthday Post!

I'M TWENTY-TWO! 

For no reason at all, I love my birthday. I somehow end up being more hyper than on most days and generally happier. Like last year, I managed to stay up all night working on the resort plate and surviving on happy vibes, when I hadn't been able to pull off an all-nighter since third year and the resort plate was one that I hated the most. 

By 12AM today, the excitement basically consumed me and as I typed this, I was still resonating with a very positive aura. It eventually changed by the end of the day, but for the most part, I enjoyed my birthday.

My study table at around 12MN of my birthday. Jovi and Merri as we hung out in the lib during free-cut. The newspaper headline for 9/29/11. The everyday scene from the waiting shed.
Joseph came by today to treat me for birthday lunch and tea. YAY. I now know what pares is, and the teeny cupcakes from Moonleaf are yummy-yummy!
Waiting for the consultation that was cut short anyway. A sideline trip to Fully Booked before eating pasta for dinner solo. For long life, you know? :D

The day ended with a birthday mass (I do love my birthday masses; they're always about angels!), and I ate a solo dinner of awesomeness and tea latte. I only wish I brought Duccio (read: my camera) today, but alas, my birthdays always somehow end up in a week of extreme weather (there was Milenyo, Ondoy and, more recently, Pedring) or extreme stress from school work. That translates to bulky cameras as my least priority of the day, and, well, bad skin and eyebags. At least the trusty phone camera proved to be dependable!


My roommate left me a wonderful surprise birthday note on my desk before she went to bed. I was outside the room when she did, and it was such a lovely thing to find at 2:30 in the morning! She quoted Louisa May Alcott, and I find that it fits me and my dilemma at this point of fifth year:

Have regular hours for work and play;
Make each day both useful and pleasant;
And prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well.
Then youth will be delightful,
Old age will bring few regrets,
And life will become a beautiful success.

It's a wonderfully beautiful quote from the awesome lady who wrote Little Women. Thank you, roomie!

With that, I end my birthday post. I am twenty-two, though I will always feel like the awkward fifteen year old. Feel young, think young, stay young. Hihi. These twenty-two years have been pretty awesome, and I can only wish for another great and memorable year! :)

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who feels a ton happy on their special day. Haha. But I guess we're allowed to, right! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! True that. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I would love to hear what you have to say. :)