Navigate

Saturday, March 9, 2013

A 14 Four Cafe Valentine

A very much delayed post-Valentine post. Teehee. :)

I love quirky places. They're heartfelt, personal, warm spaces of someone else's creativity and passion, but instead of feeling intrusive, you feel so welcome and so happy to have chanced upon such a unique little spot in the city.


My boyfriend brought me to 14 Four Cafe in Taytay, Rizal for a post-Valentine's and pre-anniversary treat this year. Admittedly, I was whining the whole time that it was just so far away from my comfort zone (Taytay, all the way from Alabang!), but by the time we got there, the birdnest-like gate of this house-turned-cafe-and-showroom was enough to perk my interest. And, ah! What a lovely, lovely surprise this turned out to be! I really should have brought Duccio home along, because all I have to show for this awesome date are pictures from my phone!


While the food was just so-so, I suppose I'd go back just for the really nice ambience of the place. It's one of the reasons why cafes are my favorite spots to hang out in instead of bars; cafes are relaxed and laid back, and you can people-watch in peace over tea and good conversation. The furniture differed per table and bulbs hung exposed from trees and the lamps were beautifully mismatched. And because it was a Valentine's weekend when we went, they had a whole gig where they took an Instax photo of us and stuck it inside this adorable card with washi and fabric tapes and a cute animal paper clip -- my kind of thing! Suffice it to say that my boyfriend did well in bringing me to a place he knew I'd love! :D

Do visit for the experience, if you're one of those quirky old souls who love eclectic things, furniture and generally unique cafes. You'll probably love it as much as I did!

14 Four Cafe is located in
144 Magnolia Lane, Barangay San Isidro,
Gregoria Heights Subdivision,
Taytay, Rizal, Philippines 1920

Fridays and Saturdays 10am-10pm
Sundays 10am-9pm




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Such a pretty cafe talaga! Hassle lang to go to, but worth it! :)

      Delete

Leave me a message! I would love to hear what you have to say. :)