Let us please pray for those afflicted by Typhoon Sendong in Mindanao last weekend and send as much help as we can. Approximately 927 mortalities have been reported and still hundreds more remain missing. Below are helpful links that almost completely list down ways and means to lend a hand in cash or in kind.
- HOW YOU CAN HELP TYPHOON SENDONG VICTIMS - via my little ways
- Charge donations via your Citibank card with a simple text. - via Citibank
- TYPHOON SENDONG: COLLATED TWEETS RE: VOLUNTEERS, SOUP KITCHENS, SPONSORED MEALS, ETC. - via Bayanihan Online
- Philippines: How to Help Typhoon Sendong (Washi) Victims - via Asian Correspondent
- MEDS for ILIGAN and CDO
The easier means:
- LBC will kindly ship donations for free to the afflicted areas.
- 7-Eleven branches nationwide are accepting donations, so visit the nearest branch and help out.
- Smart subscribers may donate to Sendong victims via text. Send RED
to 4143. Valid donation amounts 10, 25, 50, 100.
- For Globe subscribers, text RED
and send it to 2899. You may donate in these denominations: 5, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500 and 1000.
- Donate to UNICEF and help the child victims - For SMART MONEY users, text UNICEF
AMOUNT and send to 270 (ex. UNICEF 200 & &send to 270). For G-CASH users, text DONATE AMOUNT 4-digit PIN UNICEF and send to 2882 (ex.DONATE 200 4-digit PIN UNICEF & send to 2882).